Mail Processor / Delivery Driver
Pierre - South Dakota (SD),
South Dakota State Government
$10.39 - $10.91 an hour
This is a full-time position with the Bureau of Administration. For more information on the Bureau of Administration, please visit http://boa.sd.gov.
This position drives a mail truck to deliver incoming and outgoing mail to departments, agencies, and the federal post office. Incumbent also processes incoming and outgoing mail with the use of postal machines to ensure mail is sent to the proper destination.
Hours for this position are 7 A.M. - 4 P.M. Monday - Friday. The schedule for this position is flexible.
Licenses and Certifications:
Successful applicant must have a valid driver's license.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- English grammar, spelling, and punctuation;
- arithmetic to add, subtract, multiply, and divide;
- numeric, alphabetical and chronological sequences.
- understand and apply written instructions;
- communicate information clearly and concisely;
- sort mail numerically, alphabetically, and chronologically;
- lift approximately 75 pounds repeatedly;
- interpret and follow United States Postal Services regulations;
- provide information to the public about United States Postal Services regulations content.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
NCRC: If you possess a National Career Readiness Certificate, please submit the certificate with your application. For more information on how to acquire a National Career Readiness Certificate contact a South Dakota Department of Labor and Regulation Job Service Office. A certificate is not necessary to be considered.
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.
The State of South Dakota offers paid employee health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation leave accrual, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information visit: http://bhr.sd.gov/workforus/workbenefits.aspx. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.