Rapid City - South Dakota (SD), 57701
Avantara Saint Cloud
The Housekeeper plays a critical role in providing superior customer service and housekeeping services to all Guests in the facility. The Housekeeper is responsible maintaining environmental and infection control standards by performing a variety of general cleaning tasks.
1. Cleans and sanitizes Guest rooms, offices, hallways and other areas inside the facility as well as outside and the entire property.
2. Operates mechanical floor cleaners, buffers, vacuums, snow blowers and related housekeeping equipment
3. Cleans vents, fan fixtures, top of windows, door frames and other high areas using a ladder.
4. Performs terminal cleaning procedures of Guest rooms and prepares rooms for new occupants; follows isolation procedures when cleaning isolation rooms.
5. Assure that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained at all times. Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
6. Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests/guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
7. Must answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously when working in Guest care areas.
8. Assist with new admissions, re-admissions and assist with the transfer of Guests to different rooms within the facility.
9. Assists with training of new staff.
10. Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
This job operates in a health care setting. This role requires regular walking to various locations around the facility while pulling or pushing carts. This position works mostly in the Guest care areas as well as outside weather conditions. This role may also come into contact with patients who may have contagious illnesses.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping on a regular basis. The employee must be able to lift and move items weighing at least 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is part of a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather will be required.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
- One year experience in a housekeeping role