Laundry Aide (St. Cloud)
Rapid City - South Dakota (SD), 57701
Avantara St. Cloud
The Laundry Worker plays a critical role in providing general laundry services to all Guests in the facility. The Laundry Worker’s main function is to wash, dry, fold and mend clothing while following infection control and safety procedures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sorts soiled laundry in accordance with established infection control procedures.
- Loads and unloads laundry into and out of washing and drying machines using laundry chemicals and monitors machines while in use.
- Sorts, labels, folds, mends, counts and irons clean laundry.
- Assure that established infection control and standard precaution practices are maintained at all times. Follow established safety precautions when preforming tasks and using equipment and supplies.
- Reports all hazardous conditions, damaged equipment and supply issues to the supervisor.
- Maintains the comfort, privacy and dignity of Guests/guests and interacts with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment.
- Must answer and respond to call lights promptly and courteously when working in Guest care areas.
- Assists with training of new staff.
- Communicates and interacts effectively and tactfully with Guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors.
- Attend and participate in departmental meetings and in-services as directed.
- Participate in compliance trainings as scheduled and adhere to compliance plan.Work Environment
while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping on a regular basis. The employee must be able to lift and move items weighing at least 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This position is part of a health care facility that is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a yea. Rotating shifts as well as holiday and work during inclement weather will be required.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred Education and Experience
One year experience in a housekeeping/laundry role.
Job Type: Full-time
- Laundry: 1 year (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly