Card Services Specialist
Rapid City - South Dakota (SD),
Black Hills Federal Credit Union
General Purpose: Perform necessary functions to establish and maintain debit/credit/ATM card accounts. Perform necessary functions to ensure BHFCU-owned ATMs/ITMs are functioning properly. Be comfortable working in an environment that can be stressful, hectic and demanding, knowing you are responsible for significant member-facing products. Cardholders expect their cards to work 24/7. Explain and promote all credit union services to members.
- Maintain debit/credit/ATM card information on the in-house computer system. Perform necessary file changes to the card databases on the card processors' systems. Ensure new and reissued cards are mailed correctly and timely. Perform necessary functions to ensure instant issuance is functioning properly, to include coordinating troubleshooting efforts between staff, IT, and vendor.
- Review in-house and card processor-generated reports for accuracy, potential fraudulent activity, and dual-control purposes.
- Keep appraised of the card volume, new services available, and changes to procedures initiated by the card processor, Card Services Manager, or SVP/CFO. Keep all staff informed of card program changes and updates, to include being involved in development of staff training and procedures.
- Answer staff and member questions about the card and ATM programs. Participate in a calling queue to handle phone calls while performing other duties and responsibilities.
- Remain current on changes within the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive and technology environments that may affect card and ATM programs.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely preparation and follow-up of disputes, charge backs, and card fraud claims. Work directly with the cardholder to get an understanding of the dispute and correct resolution. Monitor and verify accuracy of incoming reports and documentations. Complete and file insurance claims for card fraud losses.
- Reconcile applicable GL accounts daily and write the necessary accounting vouchers and entries as required. Prepare periodic department reports.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining departmental procedures manual.
- Responsible for knowing all aspects of the Credit Union's card and ATM, gift card programs.
- Review, prepare, and distribute periodic reports.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Card Services Manager.
- Working knowledge of the credit union's products and services.
- Working knowledge of organization's policies/procedures and credit union's service philosophy.
- Working knowledge of safety and security program for false alarms, robberies, bomb threats and extortion.
- Working knowledge of credit union's in-house computer system.
- Extensive knowledge of state and federal plastic card operating and lending regulations and ATM regulations.
Job Qualifications (Skills)
Black Hills FCU is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following list outlines the physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job.
- Vision: A sighted person to effectively review documents.
- Speech/Hearing: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, members and vendors.
- Manual Dexterity: Ability to perform necessary computer-related input.
- Physical Mobility: Limited mobility required. Requires the ability to work flexible hours.
Job Qualifications (Ability)
- Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to comprehend complex functions and procedures and to be able to disseminate that knowledge in a clear and understandable format to others.
- Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and maintain confidential records and reports.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts and develop solutions.
- Ability to analyze statistics and financial data.
- Ability to assess needs of multiple members and prioritize requests to ensure that all members receive the highest quality service possible. Ability to handle daily routine with moderate freedom to interpret and act upon various situations.
- Ability to present a professional and personable personality that communicates to members and visitors that the credit union is a professional financial institution.
- Ability to interact with more than one department daily.
- Ability to work within precise standardized guidelines with some latitude to make decisions and take initiative to resolve problems or unique circumstances.
Job Qualifications (Education/Experience)
Job requires a two-year college level of language, math and reasoning skills. Two years experience in a related field with equal responsibilities is acceptable. Formal training should be supplemented with continuing education.
This position requires flexibility and high professional standards of personal appearance, conduct, judgment, and high level of confidentiality.
BHFCU offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package, including health/dental/vision/prescription/life insurance, paid leave, holiday pay, 401(k) plan, and much more!
Black Hills Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by state or federal law. BHFCU will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with a disability that substantially limits a major life activity, but who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.