Scheduler/Central Supply Clerk
Rapid City - South Dakota (SD), 57702
Estimated salary $23 - $27 an hour
Staffing/Central Supply Clerk
Fountain Springs Healthcare Center is actively seeking a full time staffing/ central supply clerk to join our team. The Central Supply Clerk sends and receives supply orders, tracks the utilization of supplies using the perpetual inventory and ordering system provided by the Center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS - Central Supply
- Manage the oxygen supplies of residents on a daily basis.
- On a daily basis, account for products used in previous 24 hours.
- Print perpetual re-orders report weekly.
- Order products on the re-order form weekly.
- As supplies are received, input packing slips from the incoming shipment and re-stock medical supply rooms.
- Conduct inventory spot-checks weekly.
- Prepare cart with personal items (soap, razors, etc.), on an as needed basis.
- Maintain accurate, organized records of the type and amount of supplies received.
- Send invoices to business office promptly for payment.
- Receive, review, and have requisitions approved before ordering.
- Receive incoming supplies and verify with original purchase order..
- Maintain central supply ordering within monthly budget.
Essential Position Duties - Scheduling
- Ensures adequate scheduling of all nursing staff for 24-hour coverage and reviews daily with DNS, and/or Supervisors.
- Provides units with daily schedule sheets and maintains record.
- Posts schedule at least two weeks in advance.
- Adjusts schedule per occupancy report daily.
- Calls off-duty staff to cover an open shift. May be required to be on-call to perform this function, and may need to fill in if no replacement is available within the scope of licensure.
- Coordinates attendance with payroll.
- Maintains a current listing of all nursing staff phone numbers.
- Assists the
Nurse Supervisor/Charge Nurse, DNS, SDC in developing work assignments, schedules, etc., as required.
Coordinates and assists scheduling nursing staff for mandatory in-services.
Encourages a spirit of teamwork with co-workers.
Attends mandatory in-services and facility/department meetings as required.
Ensures that all OSHA and safety standards are followed, as applicable to the position and in the business location or workplace in accordance with state and federal regulation and Policies and Procedures.
Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to location/company safety standards for the healthcare professional.
Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional in accordance with state and federal regulation and Policies and Procedures.
Adheres to location protocols and department/company policy and procedures.
Adheres to established HIPAA confidentiality standards of patient/resident and client location information
Performs all other tasks or duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in English.
- Ability to write clear, accurate supply orders.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Experience with scheduling of multiple units/persons preferred.
- Ability to perform duties assigned in an effective and timely manner.
- Ability to identify type and amount of each item to be stocked and ordered.
- Ability to maintain supplies in a neat, clean, and organized manner.
- Ability to follow instructions for proper storage of supplies
Fountain Springs Healthcare Center
2000 Wesleyan Boulevard
Rapid City, SD 57702
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer