Human Resource Assistant-PSI
Rapid City - South Dakota (SD), 57701
Project Solutions Inc.
Location: Rapid City, SDDepartment: Project Solutions Inc
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Mid Level
Position Title: Human Resource Assistant
Location: Rapid City, SD
Project Solutions Inc. is seeking a Human Resource Assistant for an exciting opportunity in our Rapid City office.
Join a team of ever-growing professionals who look to make a difference on projects both domestically and internationally. Our organization is growing/expanding, and we believe your career should too. Build your future with Project Solutions, Inc.
The HR Assistant role, which is often administrative in nature, involves documenting grievances, terminations, absences, performance reports, and compensation and benefits information. The HR assistant will also be involved in recruiting, hiring, and training new employees.
HR Assistant- Responsible for assisting the Human Resources Department and performing HR related duties. Duties to include but not limited to:
- Assists with on-boarding new hire employees and integrating information into payroll system.
- Actively maintains applicant tracking system to include updated records, E-Verify and compiling reports from database.
- Assists with updating payroll records related to pay changes, position changes, employee transfers and updating withholding status.
- Updates and manages information related to terminated employees.
- Responds to unemployment claims.
- Responds to reference checks and employment verification requests
- Review and conduct background checks
- Collects and implement payment methods related to direct deposit.
- Review and assists with benefit administration-including offer of coverage, enrollment, claims reporting, change reporting and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Assists employees and supervisors with interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Participates in recruitment activity including pre-screening applications and interviewing candidates.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Organizational, verbal and written communication skills a must
- Attention to detail is required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines as required
- Requires 3 years Human Resources or administrative assistant experience
- Competent team player with professional attitude
- Associates degree in a related field preferred
Project Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, women, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above is intended to be an overview of the position and not meant to be all inclusive.