Rapid City - South Dakota (SD), 57701
Housekeeper Summary Statement
The Housekeeper is responsible for upholding the company’s cleanliness standards of all guest rooms and common areas located in the hotel.
Primary Duties and Accountabilities
- Change and replace all bed linens and towels.
- Sanitize and clean all restrooms.
- Dust/wipe down all room surfaces including, but not limited to, windows, pictures, mirrors, electronics, appliances and furniture.
- Vacuum/mop all floors.
- Restock all room amenities.
- Assure all rooms are set up to company standards.
- Clean and maintain personal workstation by properly stocking it with sheets, towels, amenities, etc.
- Offer guests assistance whenever possible
- Responsible for resolving escalated customer relations issues
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services.
- Must respond to and follow-up on all guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations.
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property.
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Completes daily housekeeping report
- Informs the Executive Housekeeper or Front Desk staff when rooms are ready for new customers.
- Reports any maintenance, security or safety issues to the appropriate staff.
Educational Background and Experience
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of relevant work experience required
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to efficiently work under time constraints.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work with cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 25-30 pounds frequently.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
Job Type: Part-time
- housekeeping/cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Must have your own supplies and equipment:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Weekends required
- Day shift