Petroleum Service Technician
Rapid City - South Dakota (SD),
Seneca Companies, Inc.
Troubleshoots and repairs fuel systems.
Start a career with Seneca Companies! Our technicians stay busy year round and have overtime offered on a regular basis along with great company benefits and competitive pay.
Due to continued growth, we currently have an opening for an experienced Petroleum Service Technician. The Service Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and service of automotive, electronic, hydraulic and/or mechanical petroleum equipment and products (i.e. Gilbarco, Veeder-Root, Passport, EVO) as applicable. We provide service vans for our technicians to start their day from home and cover travel expenses. Candidates must be self-starters that can operate independently.
Sign on bonuses up to $2,500 available for certified Gilbarco technicians!!
- Troubleshoots, performs repairs and preventative maintenance to fueling systems.
- Monitors and is accountable for accuracy of parts inventory on service van including, but not limited to, transfers of parts to appropriate jobs and other service techs as applicable as well as returns to warehouse facilities.
- Analyzes electronic and mechanical problems and provide repairs as required.
- Installs, programs and tests new equipment
- Communicate with customers and explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- Present yourself professionally as a representative of Seneca Companies and be prompt when making service
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in service station/fueling equipment repair.
- Certification in Gilbarco, Wayne, or Franklin Electric dispensers required. Additional certifications in Veeder-Root, EVO, Gasboy or Fuelmaster preferred.
- Electrical knowledge and excellent mechanical abilities.
- Ability to operate mechanical equipment and machines as described.
- High school education or GED
- Ability to travel with occasional overnights.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
We offer an exceptional benefit package including competitive wages, company vehicle, paid vacation, holidays, sick and personal days, and 401K. Post-offer physical and drug screen required for all positions. EOE
If you are looking to experience a challenging, fast-paced work environment with constant change and growth, here is your chance!
Seneca Companies is a diverse group of entities committed to providing unequaled customer attention through a range of related services including: Petroleum Construction, Service & Distribution of Equipment; General Contracting & Aviation Fueling; Hydro-blasting, Industrial Cleaning & Emergency Response Services; Environmental Consulting & Compliance Services; Remediation & Process Systems; Industrial Fluid Power & Handling Solutions as well as Vehicle Equipment Sales & Service. With a corporate office in Des Moines, IA we have roughly 350 employees in nine different branch offices.