1st Shift Production Operator
Rapid City - South Dakota (SD), 57701
Wausau Supply Company
Duties to include, (but not limited to):
- Reads work-orders and performs work as assigned by department management team
- Saws, cuts, clips, hooks or otherwise assembles the materials to produce finished product while using various tools that include (but are not limited to): air tools, cordless drivers, chop saws, etc.
- Performs any combination of: sorting, picking, measuring, weighing, and/or gathering of product for prep
- Attach appropriate labels, documents, tags to products and/or packages
- Maintain production pace, while meeting daily production goals
- Notify management of any mechanical or material issues
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Other duties as assigned
Exterior Assembly Demonstrates:
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Strong math skills
- High level of detail and ability to determine adequate quality control
- Ability to work as part of a team
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma and 1 year related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working Demands / Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis without assistance.
- Work schedule consists of Mon-Thursday, 5am-5:15pm, working an anticipated 10-12 hour daily shift.
- Standing while performing tasks for 10-12 hours shifts
- When warranted, after hours availability is required as business demands dictate.
Reports to : Production Manager
Conclusion: The Production Operator will exemplify the high standards that have come to be associated with WSC. As an ESOP owner, acting with honor, integrity, and positivity is imperative. The Production Laborer’s prime objective is to maintain the efficiency and quality in the assembly of our product line.