Emergency Psychiatric Assessment Counselor III
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD),
Provides evaluation and treatment for individuals of all ages and all ethnic groups who are suffering from an acute mental health crisis. Ability to work in an intense, stressful work environment where you must perform rapid assessments, make swift treatment decisions and have the ability to multi task. Applies specialized clinical knowledge and advanced clinical skills in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, and crisis intervention of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, conditions and addictions, including severe mental illness in adults and seniors, severe emotional disturbances in children and adolescents, and acutely intoxicated or withdrawing
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling or Marriage and Family Therapy required.
- Two years related experience required.
- Qualified Mental Health Professional credential preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- National or State professional licensure in related area of Master's degree required.
- This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.