Maintenance Technician - Night Shift
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD), 57107
Estimated salary $25 an hour
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of Dakotaland Manufacturing business goals and objectives.
The Maintenance Technician must support and promote the company Vision, Mission and Values, using UPSCALE as the foundation always.
- Perform highly diversified duties to maintain production machines and the plant facility?s equipment.
- Perform facility cleaning duties as needed. Tasks include: general cleaning, floor cleaning, and support 5-S cleaning projects to bring facility to a pristine condition.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
? Track and maintain electronic records on all maintenance and repairs to machines and facility.
Education & TRAINING requirements
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a craft apprenticeship, or an equivalent number of years of education and production maintenance experience preferred.
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance preferred.
Work experience requirements
- 1-3 years of experience in maintenance job.
- Demonstrated mechanical maintenance and repair ability on electromechanical systems.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience following repair and maintenance documentation and blue prints/schematics a plus.
- Experience with any of the following: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, pneumatic systems and/or hydraulic systems is preferred.
Essential functions – physical & Mental
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Manual dexterity, coordination and skillful use of hands when working with plant equipment.
- Visual and hearing senses must be adequate to provide service to employees and customers.
- Moderate concentration/intensity, which includes prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks.
- Normal memory, taking into consideration the amount and type of information.
- Moderate level of complexity for decision making.
- Work in this environment requires the use of safety glasses and work boots.
COMPETENCIES – To perform this job successfully, the employee will demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Judgment -Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate individuals in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Motivation -Sets and achieves goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate