Medical Driver/Lead LSR, Sioux Falls (Full Time)
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD),
Estimated salary $15 an hour
Medical Driver/LSR – Sioux Falls - $15.00/hr – Full Time (Mon - Fri, 12:00pm - 8:00pm; set route and oncall every other week Mon - Fri, 8:00pm - 2:00am; & on call one Sat a month)
Don’t just be a driver, improve healthcare delivery in your community – While working for a company where people are at the heart of what we do.
MedSpeed is the market-leading organization that is changing the way the healthcare industry views transportation logistics by leveraging it to help health systems, laboratories and other healthcare organizations integrate. Healthcare transportation by MedSpeed is the movement of physical materials, such as blood and other specimens, pharmaceuticals, supplies, equipment, print, mail and more. Every health system and laboratory needs transportation for its clinical operations to function. Our Logistic Service Representatives (LSRs) who conduct the pick-ups and deliveries that make up intra-company logistics are at the front line of making this happen.
MedSpeed is a growing company with a national presence. We are always looking for hard working individuals to become MedSpeeders and potentially advance through the organization.
MedSpeed is hiring LSRs at our Sioux Falls, SD location. Our LSRs are responsible for performing the daily pick-up and delivery of various items with an emphasis on safety and customer service. This is a great opportunity to work for an incredible company with a strong culture and opportunities for advancement.
The Lead Logistics Service Rep is responsible for performing the daily pick-up and delivery of various items, with an emphasis on safety and customer service. This position will also be the primary back-up and will be responsible for learning all routes in the location.
- Safely transport lab specimens, medical records, pharmaceuticals, x-rays, hospital supplies, interoffice mail, and related material
- Operate a hand-held scanning device to accurately track items through the transportation cycle
- Strictly observe operating policies, procedures and service schedules
- Demonstrate safe and courteous driving behavior
- Present a
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent; associates or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Relevant industry/driving experience preferred
Skill and Competency Requirements:
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving history
- Due to driving requirements, must be at least 21 years of age
- Demonstrated dependability and reliability
- Familiarity working with and adapting to technology
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures closely
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Process-oriented mindset focused on continuous improvement.
- Ability to pass initial and random background check and drug screen
- Drive a non-commercial vehicle throughout the shift on various roads and in varying weather conditions
MedSpeed is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life, and Paid Time Off.
Visit us online at www.medspeed.com to learn more about our great organization.