Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD), 57108
The Business Banker I is responsible for the business development efforts within an assigned market area, culminating in the creation of new or enhanced deposit relationships and the production of a variety of business, commercial and agricultural loans. Accountable for coordination of development strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building relationships with customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Seek out prospective business/corporate clients and actively solicit high quality new loan business.
- Meet with customers, listen to their needs and goals and propose recommendations on how they can meet these goals.
- Initiate sales and cross-sell full range of banking services to present and potential customers.
- Develop strong professional relationships with members of the bank’s other departments, as well as external representatives.
- Analyze applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Approve loan within specified limits or recommends loan to loan committee for approval.
- Must effectively communicate credit processes, decisions and available services.
- Ensure loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policies, procedures, and standards.
- Service loan portfolio to ensure compliance with loan policy, approval conditions, and approved financing plans.
- Maintain database and monitor performance of loans.
- Take steps necessary to collect loans designated for collection and minimize risk to the bank.
- Make consistent cross selling efforts with customers in the office on a daily basis
- Demonstrate personal commitment to excellence in sales and service to customers and other employees.
- Complete inspections to insure bank is adequately collateralized and inventories pledged for securities are identifiable and satisfactorily maintained.
- Maintain current knowledge of
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years of banking experience and/or training in a financial institution preferred.
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
This position is largely self-directed, and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures and values. Team members will be required to adhere to safety requirements at all times and in all work environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Lifting requirement – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily with interruptions and/or distractions.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans