Legal Administrative Assistant
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD), 57108
The Legal Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support and related tasks to the Legal department staff and senior management.
- Managing and tracking of tasks assigned to the Legal team.
- Managing contract requests for drafting, signing, execution and record retention.
- Collecting and retrieving executed contracts and legal documentation.
- Reviewing and proofreading documents and correspondence for accuracy.
- Managing contract templates and requested updates to templates.
- Preparing presentations as assigned by attorneys or paralegals.
- Training Meta staff, outside of the Legal department, how to use contract management technology.
- Responding to requests for due diligence materials managed by the Legal team.
- Assisting the Legal team with administrative tasks (e.g. copies, converting PDFs into Word, drafting letters, preparing execution versions of contracts, etc.).
- Managing and distributing incoming mail.
- Planning and scheduling appointments, conferences, webinars, meetings and travel arrangements for the Legal team.
- Coordinating logistics for meetings and conferences.
- Answering general phone inquiries.
- High School diploma or GED
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in an administrative environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work with various levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business preferred
- Prior experience supporting a legal department
- Prior experience with legal software/CRM preferred
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This position is largely self-directed, and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures and values. Team members are always required to adhere to safety requirements in all work environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- Lifting requirement – Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily with interruptions and/or distractions.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans