Business NOC Technician II
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD), 57107
Provide advanced comprehensive support for Enterprise and Wholesale Carrier Business customers by monitoring, evaluating, troubleshooting, and performing tasks to support internal and external customers.
- Engage in proactive and reactive monitoring of the multi-service fiber optic network and related services, with respect to Advanced Enterprise and Wholesale Business services.
- Monitor network resources, components, and Enterprise Business connections for performance, equipment failures and/or service outages.
- Evaluate alarm conditions and service outages; perform preliminary troubleshooting steps and escalate as necessary to Business Service Engineers.
- Document and actively coordinate resolution of service outages.
- Evaluate maintenance notifications and coordinate maintenance windows with other providers, NNIs and internal customer support teams.
- Ensure SLAs compliance to reduce and eliminate contract compensation.
- Work with third-party maintenance, co-location facility staff and other backbone providers to identify and resolve customer affecting network or hardware issues.
- Possess skills and general understanding of the following specialties: transport, routing, cable modem termination system (CMTS), voice, video and wireless.
- Communicate and document the physical locations of wholesale demarcations.
- Provide effective support to a variety of Midco’s work groups including Customer Service, Engineering, Sales and other NOC members.
- Compile timely, comprehensive and accurate documentation, and/or reports as requested.
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of network resources, components, software monitoring tools, data communications protocols and hardware for the Enterprise infrastructure.
- Possess strong, comprehensive technical skills including various applications and business networking including but not limited to IP routing, VoIP, MPLS, Layer II/III and fiber routing/mapping.
- Read and comprehend technical literature.
- Update process documentation and internal knowledge base to ensure all procedures are known.
- Communicate effectively and professionally in all forms of communication with internal and external customers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Effectively communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Mentor new hires as required.
- Function as team leader in the event of manager absence.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task and change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Possess ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Identify opportunities for
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate’s degree in related industry or equivalent work experience required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of internal proprietary methods of service delivery is required.
- Minimum of five years of previous NOC experience in the telecommunications industry is preferred.
- NCTI OCR (Operations Center Rep) program or MNOCR (Master Network Operations Center Rep) certification preferred.
- Current CCNA certification or a willingness to obtain a CCNA within 12 months of starting the position is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 50 lbs.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)