Shipping Material Handler
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD), 57107
Orion Food Systems
In 1983, Orion was founded with a vision of providing restaurant-quality food to the on-the-go consumer. At that time, home pizza delivery competition was growing at a rapid rate, but there was no real focus on the consumer who desired that same quality food away from home.
We worked hard to make the original vision a reality, and in 1986 the Hot Stuff Pizza brand was born. The first licensed Hot Stuff location opened in Webster, SD, on December 17, 1986, and today there are more than 1,100 Hot Stuff Pizza franchises and licenses operating in the United States, with dozens of others in Canada and the United Kingdom.
Orion is currently searching for Shipping Material Handler to join our growing team!
The Logistics Manager is a member of a team that maintains warehouse and freezer stock that is inventoried and distributed as instructed.
- Must be able to pick customer orders from stock and place the items on a pallet.
- Must be able to pick route orders from stock in the freezer as well as warehouse.
- Must have the ability to load the truck with product and understand the importance of verifying and checking the order.
- Must be able to down stack pallets as needed.
- Must be able to complete the
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) is a must.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents, simple instructions and product labels.
- Experience & knowledge in MS Office products (Excel & Word) and SAP preferred.
- Forklift and palate jack certification preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license to operate yard truck.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts along with performing basic math functions.
Education and/ Or Experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma required.
- One year certificate from college or technical school is a plus.
- Must be eighteen (18) years of age.
Benefits may include:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage
- Employer paid life insurance
- Flex spending
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
Orion is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer