Financial Analyst - Full Time
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD),
The Financial Analyst assists the CFO in a number of areas to include, but not limited to:
- Assist in preparation of financial statements.
- Prepare and post monthly adjusting and general journal entries to the general ledger.
- Review all payables management distribution breakdown registers to ensure accuracy of general ledger expense classification. Communicate discrepancies to Accounts Payable Coordinator.
- Review expense accounts in Detailed Trial Balance periodically for posting accuracy. Make adjusting journal entries as warranted and communicate findings to Accounts Payable Coordinator.
- Maintains general ledger accounts; make adjusting entries for amortizations prepaids; analyzing and reconciling retainage and accounts payable ledgers
- Prepares annual fixed asset report for accounting firm; prepares workpapers for submission to accounting firm for annual tax return and reviews/audits as requested
- Maintains best practice internal accounting controls by following policies and procedures; complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Reconciles monthly bank statement to general ledger and Practice Management System.
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Extracts data from various systems (payroll, accounting, practice management, electronic health record, etc.) and produces reports that assist in determining performance of the organization.
- Assists with analyzing cost, revenue and expected rate of return on new services, equipment or projects.
- Recommends and produces best practice reporting for accounting and analytics
- Assist in exploring opportunities for automated inventory/purchasing management systems including but not limited to OrthoForum Group Purchasing Alliance.
- Ability to research and present cost/benefit on med/surg, DME, injection, and other supplies. Monitor and report on cost/reimbursement ratio from major third-party payers on highly expensive injection supplies; share findings with coding/appeals team as warranted.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, healthcare administration, or related field required.
- Two years of experience in a healthcare environment preferred.