Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD),
The Informatics Coordinator provide implementation, training and ongoing support for physicians, apps and staff. Works collaboratively with administration to ensure process compliance. Requires ability to identify process improvement opportunities. Maintains patient related (practice management, electronic health record, etc.) systems used within OI.
Essential Functions for this position:
- Maintains a detailed understanding and working knowledge of the information applications and their functions.
- Works directly with physicians, healthcare providers and staff to optimize information system use on collective and individual’s bases and share best practices across the Medical Group.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and works with team members to implement changes.
- Participates on Technology committees and work groups to recommend and facilitate IT support of and solutions for clinical and business operational issues and concerns.
- Maintains applications following system implementations and upgrades.
- Assist physicians and healthcare providers in developing and maintaining clinical templates.
- Works in collaboration with Administration and Managers to continuously improve the patient portal. Maintains patient portal. Educates physicians, healthcare providers and staff on updates and changes.
- Serves as Administrator for payor websites to maintain users.
- Develops training programs for new and existing users. Conducts training sessions. Updates content of classes as system features change.
- Demonstrates a willingness and ability to communicate, cooperate, respect and work with Managers, Physicians, APPs and staff. Shows dedication to helping health care providers be efficient.
- Demonstrates the ability to complete tasks completely and accurately in an acceptable amount of time.
- Suggests ideas to explore innovative ways of accomplishing the goals of the program and the group in general.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal information in accordance with HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Minimum of three to five years of working with similar healthcare systems.
- LEAN certification preferred but not required.