Field Support Technician
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD),
The Field Service Technician works independently to provide repair and maintenance service and technical training to users of ingredient dispensing and control systems used at feed yards, feed mills, and farms to assure uninterrupted and continuous feed processing operations. The Field Service Technician also works in cooperation with operations management and all of the Operational Business Teams to direct the movement of products from the manufacturer to the customer in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Service, troubleshoot, and repair all types of equipment and systems in operation at any or all customer locations.
- Monitor systems at assigned customer locations for proper operation and make adjustments or repairs as needed.
- Monitor inventory of products used at assigned customer locations to assure that inventory is adequate for continuous operation at all times.
- Deliver products from warehouse to customer location as needed.
- Provide technical assistance and training to customers as needed for proper operation of equipment and systems to achieve desired results.
- Provide technical assistance and support as needed to customers during non-working hours (evenings) and when “on-call” (weekends).
- Travel to customer locations in company vehicle and maintain vehicle and personal driving record to meet company requirements.
- Complete all records and documentation as required.
- Work overtime as required and without notice if
Perform other duties as assigned to the Field Service Technician.
- At least one year of work in equipment service or operation of agricultural equipment required.
- High school diploma is required.
- Technical school degree or college degree is preferred.
- Installation or operation experience of grain flaking systems, including grain conditioning, roller milling, and high pressure steam boiler operation, is preferred.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak limited Spanish is desired.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Strong math, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be self-motivated and organized.
- Must have an aptitude for and a working knowledge of Windows based PC’s.
- Must have an aptitude for and a working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and electronic devices and their use.
- Must have a valid driver license and be able to pass a criminal background check, drug test, and motor vehicle record check.
- Knowledge of cattle feeding, feeding systems, feed ingredients, and feed formulation is desired.
Work Environment / Required Physical Activity
- Outdoor service work 10-40% of the time.
- Lift and carry up to 60 lbs.
- Occasional ladder climbing and work on elevated equipment.
- Local travel 75-100% of the time.
- Limited overnight travel.