Maintenance Technician (Residential)
Sioux Falls - South Dakota (SD), 57108
Reside Property Management
This position functions as the maintenance technician for our residential properties. Maintenance technicians must be able to work independently, manage time efficiently and provide excellent customer service to residents. This position is primarily responsible for the maintenance and repair of the building structures and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITLIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure equipment continues to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and/or the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Record type and cost of maintenance or repair work.
- Maintain adequate inventory of supplies to eliminate delays with repairs. Work with the manager to order parts, supplies, and equipment through the purchasing agent.
- Paint and repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, and other parts of building structures.
- Align and balance new equipment after installation.
- Estimate repair costs.
- Perform light electrical repairs on items such as appliances, fixtures, switches, outlets, circuits, etc.
- Replace broken glass, tile, carpet, screens, garbage disposals, fixtures, appliances, blinds and locks.
- When needed perform carpentry work, such as fitting doors, freeing windows, replacing and building shelves.
- Occasionally perform custodial work, including sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, emptying trash, cleaning windows, etc., in common areas.
- Pick up trash in common areas of the buildings and on the grounds of the property as needed.
- Engage in seasonal work such as snow removal and yard care. Some of these jobs may consist of mowing and weeding of the yards and gardens, and snow removal during workweek and weekends.
- Occasionally repair soffits and downspouts
- Keep accurate records regarding preventive maintenance, work orders, apartment refurbishing, annual inspections, inventories, purchase orders
- Periodically inspect all units, building and common areas, performing repairs and janitorial assistance.
- Have knowledge regarding water and gas meter cutoffs and sewer cleanouts and post map of it.
- Make sure storage areas and entrances are locked and adequate lighting in all areas is maintained.
- Replace worn or damaged parts such as hoses, wiring, and belts.
- Assists other properties with moving furniture, appliances and unloading and storing supplies.
- Maintain pool and chemical safety.
- Must be aware and conform to all safety requirements while working on the properties and operating motor vehicles.
- Perform all other duties assigned and those that may be necessary to achieve company goals.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Safety Awareness - Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Graduate or General Education Degree GED and/or 1-2 years related experience.
Handling / Fingering Constantly
Reach Outward Frequently
Reach Above Shoulder Frequently
Squat or Kneel Frequently
10 lbs or less Constantly
11-20 lbs Constantly
21-50 lbs Frequently
51-100 lbs Occasionally
Over 100 lbs Occasionally
12 lbs or less Constantly
13-25 lbs Constantly
26-40 lbs Frequently
41-100 lbs Occasionally
N Not Applicable
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time 0 - 2.5+ hrs/day
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time 2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time 5.5+ hrs/day
OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Vision Near, Peripheral, Depth Perception
Sense of Touch