Teller I - Part-Time W/ Benefits
Sturgis - South Dakota (SD),
Black Hills Federal Credit Union
General Purpose: Assist members with transactions and perform other teller duties.
- Assist members personally or by telephone; determine nature of the member's business and whether to transact the member's request or refer the member to the proper staff person.
- Perform teller functions on a daily basis as needed. Teller functions include standing for prolonged periods of time and lifting cash drawer and coin bags. Tellers will also be required to work flexible hours, or a varied work schedule consistent with the class parameters.
- Responsible for cash drawer, account for assigned cash, and accurately balance to the computer balance sheet. Sign on and off computer, according to procedures.
- Educate and inform members of all BHFCU products and services, and cross-sell when applicable. Make referrals when appropriate.
- Assist members with access to their safe deposit boxes.
- Remain current on changes within the legal, regulatory, economic, competitive, and technology environments that may affect the Teller function.
- Responsible for requesting members bring accounts positive and to minimum required balances and request members make payments on delinquent loans and over-the-limit credit card balances.
- Research account information or discrepancies for members and staff, as directed by the Member Service Center Manager.
- Open and process new accounts under the various suffixes, and close accounts when requested, according to procedure.
- Maintain account accuracy by working various reports, workflows, and projects as requested.
- Perform vault teller duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations affecting teller transactions.
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounts pertinent to the department.
- Working knowledge of the credit union's products and services.
- Working knowledge of organization's policies/procedures and credit union's service philosophy.
- Working knowledge of safety and security program for false alarms, robberies, bomb threats and extortion.
- Working knowledge of credit union's in-house computer system, Internet, and any relevant software programs.
- Working knowledge of opening and closing procedures.
Job Qualifications (Skills)
Black Hills FCU is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following list outlines the physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job.
- Vision: A sighted person to handle cash transactions and verify financial transactions. Ability to complete necessary paperwork.
- Speech/Hearing: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with staff, members and vendors.
- Manual Dexterity: Ability to perform necessary computer-related input.
- Physical Mobility: Must be able to man teller window and remain standing for prolonged periods of time. Ability to carry bags of coin or other items up to 30 lbs occasionally throughout the day.
Job Qualifications (Ability)
- Ability to understand and follow moderately complex written and verbal instructions, and disseminate that knowledge in a clear and understandable format to others.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact positively with co-workers, management, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive attitude even under extreme pressure.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner that is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to analyze out of balance situations and devise solutions.
Job Qualifications (Education/Experience)
Job requires a high school level of language, math and reasoning skills. Direct cash handling experience in previous positions with equal responsibilities is acceptable. Formal training should be supplemented with continuing education.
Black Hills Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by state or federal law. BHFCU will provide reasonable accommodation to qualified persons with a disability that substantially limits a major life activity, but who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.