Sturgis - South Dakota (SD), 57785
Bookkeeper – Accounting– Audit Clerk
The Bookkeeper Office Personnel position will develop and maintain organizational
procedures. Ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication,
continued employee development and team building, as well as improve employee –
customer relationships. Other duties will involve filing, billing, coding, computer
entry, ordering supplies and equipment as needed. This position will report to
requires the ability to develop and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of
all bookkeeping, accounting and customer service functions of the company to
include: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and General Ledger. Demonstrate
attention to detail, able to make good judgements quickly and the ability to multi-task.
- Maintain office services by developing and organizing office operations and procedures, filing
- Responsible for developing standards and systems that enhance operational procedures.
- Execute checks and balances as directed by the external auditor and the management
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data.
- Enforce and maintain credit policies of the company.
- Review and approve office supplies and equipment acquisitions.
- Coordinate with CFO to ensure proper maintenance of property and equipment.
- Demonstrate ongoing communication with all levels and divisions of the company to enhance
This position requires the ability to perform a combination
of the following duties during 95% of work day/shift. Although exact duties may vary from day to
day, our business and staffing model make it essential to be able to perform
all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance, reliability, punctuality, efficiency and
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for other employees and guests, as well
- Ensure the highest quality customer experience by being responsive and
- Maintain a professional company image both internally and externally during both
- Support team objectives and efforts of others on the team by encouraging a spirit of
- Exercise empowerment, responsibility and accountability for the success and growth of
Physical and Mental Demands
It is essential to have the physical and mental stamina, as well as the ability to
perform job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must also have the physical and
mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, climb ladders,
- Repetitive motion of the wrists, hand and/or fingers.
- Read, write and count accurately to complete any and all necessary documentation.
- To communicate effectively with other employees and guests using strong verbal and
- Lift objects up to 10 pounds frequently and occasionally lift objects up to 25
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Guest Focus
- Ethical conduct
Preferred Education and Experience
- 2 year degree in Accounting or other business/ agriculture related field of study.
(3-5 years of related job experience may substitute for education)
- 3 years of industry experience.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn business accounting systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Previous agricultural cooperative or agriculture experience.
This job description represents an
overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not
intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. Employees should perform all duties as
assigned by his/her supervisor.