Assembler - 1st Shift
Watertown - South Dakota (SD),
Position Title or Job Classification: Assembler
Business Unit: Terex Utilities
Location: Watertown, SD
Work Eligibility: Must be eligible to work in U.S.A.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
This position works under direct supervision while assembling components. Following instruction is key in performing all responsibilities. This position will be responsible for areas including electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic equipment. Handles basic issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Adhere to Terex safety policies and procedures
- Adhere to and promote The Terex Way Values
- Ability to understand assembly instructions which includes but not limited to reading and interpreting diagrams
- Perform repetitive assembly and adjustments of electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic equipment according to instructions
- Manufacture fiberglass components to specifications
- Use hand tools and equipment in a safe manner to complete assemblies
- Maintain clean work area and participate in 5s standards
- Maintain tools and equipment in working condition
- Troubleshoot basic issues and problems
- Flex into other areas and departments as needed
All other duties as assigned
- 0-2 years of manufacturing experience
- High School Diploma and/or equivalent experience
- Possess beginning to working knowledge of the subject matter
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to accurately read and understand tape measurements
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment such as simple hand tools and hand-powered hydraulic material handling devices
- Possess basic welding skills
- Understand and demonstrate basic computer skills
Physical Requirements of the Job
Physical requirements of the job are classified as medium to heavy. Physical demand requirements are in excess of light work. Medium to heavy work is defined as:
- 10 to 40 pounds of force frequently, may include pushing, pulling and lifting
- 40 to 100 pounds of force occasionally with assistance of machinery or others to move objects
Ability to stand on concrete for 10+ hours per shift
- Ability to possess good mechanical aptitude
- Ability to effectively communicate with all team members
- Ability to function as a team member and contribute to group goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a responsible manner
- Ability to recognize potential safety hazards and take appropriate actions to minimize risks
- Ability to maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information
- Ability to have acceptable attendance for company standard; provides adequate notification; aware of impact on organization
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. [email protected] provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.