Watertown - South Dakota (SD),
Job ID: 4521
Location: US-SD Watertown HR
About Your Opportunity:
Title: Health Safety and Environmental Intern
Reports to: HSE Manager
Available Locations: Watertown, SD
Early Talent Program Overview
The Terex Early Talent Program immerses high potential students in challenging real-world projects which directly help drive business results at our global organization. Our rich beliefs in innovation and continuous improvement, paired with the diverse and creative mindsets of our students, leads to the development of our best-in-class products, positively impacting the lives of people all around the world.
We are committed to the personal and professional development of our students and are proud to encourage their growth into our leaders of tomorrow.
- Partner with team members from global locations - more than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide.
- Intern/Co-op opportunities can lead to full time careers
Real World Responsibilities:
During your time with us you will:
- Assist HSE team with projects aimed at compliance assurance, incident reduction, and program consistency between sites.
- Policy and training program development: the intern will assist with development of a safety policy and training program based on an OSHA regulation. They will work with the HSE Manager as part of the development process.
- Coordinates directly with other HSE professionals and team as necessary to gather information required to enhance HSE knowledge and meet project requirements.
- Preparing and submitting internal and external reports and related documentation, including formal presentations to small and large groups
- Evaluating hazards, exposures, and general impacts associated with operation of process equipment, facilities and projects
- Participating in incident investigations, field audits, and other incident causation and prevention activities
- Participating in emergency planning and response activities
As part of our team we will:
- Provide you with real-work assignments that will provide you valuable experience as you begin your career.
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks/projects at one time
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Current level in college: Junior, Senior, Graduate Student
Nice to haves:
- MS Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Interest in a career in Health, Safety, and Environmental.
- Analytical/technical skills with a practical approach to problem solving
- Interpersonal communication, both written & oral presentation skills
- Organizational skills - able to prioritize responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills- including proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
- Focus on results with high levels of initiative
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- High levels of initiative and energy
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. [email protected] provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.