Manufacturing Engineer Intern
Watertown - South Dakota (SD),
About Your Opportunity:
Title: Mechanical Engineering Intern
Available Locations: Watertown, SD
Early Talent Program Overview
The Terex Early Talent Program immerses high potential students in challenging real-world projects which directly help drive business results at our global organization. Our rich beliefs in innovation and continuous improvement, paired with the diverse and creative mindsets of our students, leads to the development of our best-in-class products, positively impacting the lives of people all around the world.
We are committed to the personal and professional development of our students and are proud to encourage their growth into our leaders of tomorrow.
- Partner with team members from global locations - more than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide
- Intern/Co-op opportunities can lead to full time careers
Real World Responsibilities:
During your time with us you will:
- Developing new and improving current manufacturing processes with regards to layout, work sequence, time studies, fixtures/tools/equipment, and material flow.
- Additionally, this person will provide production line support for technical issues and work closely with production management in the continuous improvement of existing manufacturing systems, processes and equipment.
- You will actually work on realtime projects to develop you skills in your chosen field
- Investigate usage problems for a root cause
- Assist implementing any tools/fixtures/equipment to processes
- Support ECO implementation
- Assist with Quality defect root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation
- Assist in Safety initiatives and related projects
- Participate in kaizen activities
- Provide support and analysis for special projects as assigned.
As part of our team we will:
- Provide you with real-work assignments that will provide you valuable experience as you begin your career
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks/projects at one time
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Nice to haves:
- MS Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of JIT, Lean Thinking and Single Piece Flow.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and interpersonal).
- Teachable, and willing / able to teach others.
- Able to read blue prints (primarily assembly, welding a plus)
- Ability to work in a fast paced & changing environment.
- Able to work individually and in a team environment
Location: US-SD Watertown HR
Job ID: 4548
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. [email protected] provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.