Production Supervisor - Early Career
Watertown - South Dakota (SD),
About Your Opportunity:
Title: Production Supervisor
Available Locations: Watertown, SD
Early Talent Program Overview
The Terex Early Talent Program immerses high potential students in challenging real-world projects which directly help drive business results at our global organization. Our rich beliefs in innovation and continuous improvement, paired with the diverse and creative mindsets of our students, leads to the development of our best-in-class products, positively impacting the lives of people all around the world.
We are committed to the personal and professional development of our students and are proud to encourage their growth into our leaders of tomorrow.
- Partner with team members from global locations - more than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide.
- Intern/Co-op opportunities can lead to full time careers
Real World Responsibilities:
During your time with us you will:
- Responsible for setting up the training processes for production team members and team leads to bring to full competence.
- Provide support and direction in the implementation and administration of quality systems.
- Establish priorities and sequences for manufacturing products
- Reviews production orders and determines work hours needed to complete assignments
- Ontime delivery: implement and ensure items are completed on schedule
- Implement lean manufacturing
- Identify areas of systemic weakness and lead initiatives to implement corrective action.
- Provide support to groups and departments regarding product quality issues, measurement data, measurement techniques and performance.
- Setup and manage production flow by takt time
- Coach daily team member improvements
- Continually monitor and improve the quality, efficiency and responsiveness of assigned area
- Promote and monitor safety compliance
- Perform additional duties as assigned
As part of our team we will:
- Provide you with real-work assignments that will provide you valuable experience as you begin your career.
- Pursuing a degree in a related field
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks/projects at one time
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Be self-directed and show initiative in identifying and resolving opportunities for improvement, promoting quality initiatives, and driving continual improvement in the quality system.
Nice to haves:
- MS Excel and PowerPoint experience
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. [email protected] provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.