Sales Application Engineer Intern
Watertown - South Dakota (SD),
Early Talent Program Overview
The Terex Early Talent Program immerses high potential students in challenging real-world projects which directly help drive business results at our global organization. Our rich beliefs in innovation and continuous improvement, paired with the diverse and creative mindsets of our students, leads to the development of our best-in-class products, positively impacting the lives of people all around the world.
We are committed to the personal and professional development of our students and are proud to encourage their growth into our leaders of tomorrow.
- Partner with team members from global locations - more than 50 manufacturing locations worldwide.
- Intern/Co-op opportunities can lead to full time careers
Real World Responsibilities:
During your time with us you will:
- You will collaborate closely with customers, Outside Sales, Engineering and Production to determine project feasibility and match customer requirements related to truck configurations and specifications.
- You will utilize 2D/3D CAD software (Draft Sight/AutoCAD/Solidworks utilized) to generate preliminary drawings and weight studies for use in specifying, quoting and producing utility equipment.
- You will follow the specified procedures to increase accuracy and minimize the amount of time to process customer requests.
- You will operate file management software for the storage and retrieval of current and past designs, job record and cost information.
As part of our team we will:
- Provide you with real-work assignments that will provide you valuable experience as you begin your career.
- You will learn how to review and provide Sales Coordinators’ direction in responding to customer quotation requests to assure clear and buildable documentation from which accurate, cost effective, and timely quotations can be generated.
- You will assist with verifying customer requests and quotation documents meet Terex, supplier, ANSI and other industry standards to determine feasibility and safety of designs.
- You will acquire how to coordinate with Outside Sales to determine the best information to be presented to the customer.
- You will assist in the design, specification and maintenance of standard platforms and options for Terex products.
- You will learn how to communicate with vendors to specify equipment to insure a high quality product and ease of manufacture while minimizing the cost.
- You will assist with maintaining up to date on current product developments in the industry and communicate to Terex team members.
- You will work with customers and Outside Sales to resolve technical issues.
- Pursuing a degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Current level in college: Junior, Senior, Graduate Student
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks/projects at one time, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- CAD/Solid Works
Nice to haves:
- MS Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Positive and energetic.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and technical specifications.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of fast-paced, cross-functional analytical team.
Terex Corporation is a $4.5 billion, publicly traded global manufacturer of lifting and material processing products and services. The company is passionate about producing equipment that improves the lives of people around the world. Terex operations are global, yet each office or factory is a close-knit community. Terex provides team members with a rewarding career and the opportunity to make an impact. The company values diversity and inclusion, safety, integrity, respect, servant leadership, courage and citizenship. It encourages continuous improvement and offers free courses available through Terex University. [email protected] provides a supportive network for Terex women in their jobs and careers. It’s an exciting time to be part of the expanding manufacturing sector. Terex is a place where you can work and grow. Come talk to us!
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.
Terex Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.