Telecommunications Construction Manager: South Dakota
Watertown - South Dakota (SD), 57201
Tower Systems, Inc.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS CONSTRUCTION MANAGER JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES – to include but not limited to:
Identify labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, construction drawings, technical specifications and related documents.
- Resolve discrepancies between written SOW, technical information, and construction drawings.
- Obtain, negotiate and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors in a timely manner.
- Compute job costs by analyzing labor, material and time requirements.
- Prepare bid documents by assembling and displaying bid formulas and descriptive information by gathering proposals, reviewing all construction drawings, technical specifications, and related documents.
- Create and submit estimate/bids/quotes to appropriate person by due date. Work seamlessly with Marketing Department.
- Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors & suppliers).
- Keep organized files (paper and electronic).
Oversee the direct construction of projects assigned; from conception to completion. To include; estimating jobs, issuance of purchase orders, scheduling and coordinating subcontractors and crews; day to day operations, invoicing and closeouts.
- Contribute in the creation of weekly schedules reflecting accurate crew status and job schedules as well as forecasting schedule projections and manpower needs.
- Build relationships and establish a fluid working rapport with customers, construction managers, subcontractors, suppliers/vendors, engineers, crew supervisors, field technicians and office staff.
- Resolves customer concerns in a professional, timely and efficient manner.
- Provide guidance and support to crews and staff as needed.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Responsible for final invoices and all change orders (tracking).
- Work in conjunction with Accounting Division on quarterly and annual closings.
- Review job transaction detail reports during construction and on all completed jobs, checking for efficiency and profitability.
- Review and approve all credit card, cash purchases and invoices related to job costs.
- Responsible for quality control of field work, closeouts, photos, paperwork.
- Work with BOD on the overall financial health of the company, to ensure the continuity and solvency of the company.
Decision-making, information management, resource management, planning and organizing, problem analysis and problem solving, delegating tasks and responsibility, strong and clear communication skills, coaching, teamwork, and adaptability.
The above referenced items are to be used as an outline and additional responsibilities may be added, removed, or delegated to others. Working in a small office, transparency and cross training is vital for success.
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:0AM to 5:00PM. This job is not exempt from OT hours or weekend work, special projects, continuing education courses or attending wireless events.
- Participate on site walks
- Participate on Pre-Construction conference calls; document detail notes
- Manage all changes in SOW; verify MR’s and construction drawings to match quoted proposal. Identify any changes immediately and notify estimator, customer and crew
- Review SOW with crew prior to the commencement of work
- Coordinate power with Municipalities
- Call in utility locates
- Order or review all material orders for accuracy. Rebar, sonatube, grounding, jumpers, mounts, etc.
- Provide daily/regular updates to customer and office
- Conduct daily phone calls with field personnel and keep crew and project on schedule
- Participate in post construction site walks and resolve all deficiencies
- Submit inventory forms to accounting
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels; process purchase orders as required, track orders and investigate problems or delays
- Stay certified in competent climber/rescue, First Aid, CPR, RF, rigging, etc.
- Perform safety audits (STAR Audit Form) and quality assurance by conducting site visits