Sausage Department - (CIMPL) General Production
Yankton - South Dakota (SD), 57078
American Foods Group LLC
Cimpl Meats, LLC, an American Foods Group Company has opportunities for General Production - Sausage. You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment with a dedication to quality.
If you are looking to advance your career, join the AFG family where you can be a part of providing quality beef products to over 40 countries around the world. Training is provided.
As General Production - Sausage you will:
- Work in a wet, cold and damp environment doing a variety of tasks such as handling raw meat and packing product in boxes.
- Duties will vary depending on position placed in and production requirements.
- May require the use of the tools/equipment (i.e. knife and/or hook).
- Perform physical tasks which require upper body strength and constant repetitive movements
- Stand on hard surfaces the entire shift; use of stairs and personal protective equipment (PPE) is required in all areas of the facility
- Compliance with all food safety policies and regulations
- Adhere to all safety and housekeeping processes and procedures to ensure safety for our employees, customers and visitors.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Work and collaborate with a diverse work population.
- NOTE: this description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization; these duties are considered marginal.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be able to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
- Must be able to work in a variety of work temperatures cold, wet or damp with slippery surfaces at varied heights in and around moving equipment and parts.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to work extended scheduled hours Monday through Saturday with daily overtime. Must be able to work overtime as required. Start times and hours vary based on production
Safe Quality Food (SQF) training.
Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) training.
Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) training.
Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) training.
Food defense training.
- Prior sausage experience in a USDA inspected beef, pork or poultry facility.
- Prior production experience.
- Work history in the last 12 months.
Cimpl’s, LLC an American Foods Group Company is a privately held meat processing company located in Yankton, South Dakota. We appreciate our employees and reward them for a job well done. As a member of the team, you will find yourself challenged and contributing in a significant way to the success of the business, and you will be rewarded for that success. If you want to feel appreciated for a job well done and be part of something bigger, then consider joining American Foods Group, a “hire to retire” type of company.
What we offer:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefit plan. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flex Spending Accounts, Voluntary Benefits, PTO, 401k, Short Term Disability, Discount Meat Purchase Program, and more!
- Training, growth and advancement opportunities that will make this the best and last company you work for.
Check Out the Yankton, SD Area!
Improve your quality of life by residing in Yankton, South Dakota, a rural city located on the banks of the Missouri River. An abundance of recreational areas and amenities make it easy to stay active in Yankton.
The area also offers:
- Numerous water recreation options around Yankton including Lewis & Clark Lake, Lake Yankton, and the Missouri National Recreation River. Beautiful chalkstone bluffs along the shorelines provide the opportunity to view wildlife with scenic backdrops.
- Various parks that offer relaxing entertainment including fishing, hiking trails, and swimming.
- Year-round community events that the whole family will love.
Try to convince us that there is a better place to live and work other than Cimpl’s LLC in Yankton, South Dakota!