Entry Level Production
Yankton - South Dakota (SD),
Hydro Extrusion North America
Entry Level Production (Yankton, SD)
Hydro is a fully integrated aluminum company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminum, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminum industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminum, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
This position accomplishes the organizational objectives by safely manufacturing, packaging, and shipping high quality products to our customers on time.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs.
- Read plans, instructions, or specifications to determine work activities.
- Safely and efficiently operators assigned equipment or machine.
- Lifts and stacks product.
- Maintains efficiency standards set for assigned area.
- Maintains good housekeeping of work areas.
- Accurately record numbers or lengths of units handled or moved.
- Little to no previous work-related skills, knowledge, or experience is needed.
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment is helpful, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Prior experience operating mobile equipment including a forklift or Combi is helpful, but not required.
- Must have basic math skills (add, subtract, divide, multiply)
- Must be able to use a calculator
- Must be able to read a tape measure
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 25 lbs. and occasionally up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work long hours as needed in seasonal temperatures.
- Must be able to read and understand basic commands in English
- Must be able to read, understand, and follow all work and safety instructions
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
- Must possess a willingness to learn and an eagerness to grow
- Must be able to follow detailed directions
From Day One with Hydro, employees can enjoy benefits including:
- Medical, Rx, Dental, Disability, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts
- Retirement Savings Plans with Company match/contributions
- Education Assistance
- Bonus plan eligibility for all levels of employees
- Parental Leave
Please Apply Before: 3/31/2020
Hydro in North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.