LF-PT Equip Op 2-Weekends
Cookeville - Tennessee (TN),
Academy Sports Outdoors
Come work at a place where we take pride in creating a workplace environment that values hard work, commitment, and growth.
At least one year experience in a distribution center environment.
High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred
Attend and pass Crown Equipment class
- Ability to read and understand numbers
- Forklift and electric pallet jack experience
- Ability to judge distances
- Ability to communicate and work closely with team members
- Ability to stand and lift continuously for long periods of time, which can be up to 12 hours a day
- Ability to utilize hand/eye coordination and required manual dexterity to include grasping and holding
- Ability to work in mezzanines and/or handling equipment up to 50 feet high
- Team player and able to work well with others
- Ability to lift up to 60 lbs. or more continuously during working hours; lifting may be above or below shoulder level
- Ability to work in varying temperatures indoor and outdoors
- Communication - effective listening, speaking, and writing
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands and requirements include:
- Constantly stand, walk, reach, handle, use repetitive motions (hand/wrist/fingers) and feel; frequently required to stoop, crouch, use fingers, grasp, push, and pull; occasionally required to balance.
- Constantly lift up to 20 pounds; frequently lift 21 to 40 pounds; and occasionally lift 41 to 60 pounds.
- Ability to hear and specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Regular attendance and the ability to complete assigned shift is essential.
- Works in a narrow aisle in a truck designed specifically for racked pallet or carton storage.
- Operates Warehouse Management System, radio frequency scanners, and other equipment needed to perform job duties
- Utilizes math skills to verify quantities, make adjustments, fill out worksheets and complete order paperwork correctly.
- Maintains flexibility regarding job assignments, including working with other departments, as well as working scheduled overtime
- Selects merchandise for customer orders ensuring quantity picked is equal to quantity ordered on hand-held scanner.
- Maintains pre-set production standards and accuracy as determined by current company guidelines.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by adhering to sanitation policies and procedures.
- Operates a reach truck, stock picker or turret truck at various times.
- Moves cartons, containers, crates, and pallets of goods to be stocked or selected in the Fulfillment Center.
- Moves finished containers to shipping or staging areas.
- Makes sure containers are stored in the correct area so they may be located easily when processing orders.
- Accurately selects, stocks, and places merchandise throughout the Fulfillment Center.
- Keeps a record of daily operations and performs a safety checklist.
- Learns and follows Academy safety procedures.
Duties may change and Team Member may be required to perform other duties as assigned.Part time
Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.