Constituent Services Clerk
Memphis - Tennessee (TN), 38104
Shelby County Schools
Estimated salary $16 an hour ++
The Constituent Services Clerk serves as the initial contact for the Parent Support Center and responds to initial concerns and requests for information regarding available services. The Constituent Services Clerk is responsible for providing effective customer service to all internal and external customers.Essential Job Functions:
- Provides exemplary customer service as the first point of contact for constituents who call or visit the Parent Support Center by greeting visitors, answering phone calls, taking messages, sorts mail, and scheduling conference room meetings.
- Serves as the Parent Support Center receptionist providing high-level customer service to internal and external customers (including but not limited to district employees, families, and community members) in person, over the phone or via electronic communications when necessary.
- Assists constituents completing registration and General Choice processes.
- Performs efficient and accurate data entry, by documenting each customer transaction in a data tracking system and maintains daily reports to ensure customer interactions match the number of service tickets created and analyze data to understand trends/emerging concerns.
- Listens attentively to understand each customer’s request, escalates complicated or sensitive concerns to the appropriate staff (colleague, specialist, manager, director, Parent Liaison or Central Office leader)
- Serves as an example of SCS’ customer service expectations by providing a welcoming environment, orderly environment, responsiveness to constituent concerns, knowledgeable about SCS policies and reporting structure and sensitive to needs of students and their families
- Provides translation assistance for customers by using bilingual skills, translations devices, or collaborating with ESL staff.
- Availability to attend weekly team meetings and exhibit flexibility during call center high call volumes and/or peak seasons.
- Attends training, meetings, workshops or seminars as necessary to enhance job knowledge and skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently, complete tasks correctly and on time
- Knowledge of SCS organizational structure, operational procedures, and policies
- Attention to detail, accuracy, thoroughness and organizational skills
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Good analytic and problem-solving skills, good judgment and knows when to escalate issues
- Ability to gather facts and perform analysis and prepare written and oral reports
- Skill in exercising good judgment in manner, tone and way of speaking with visitors, staff and external contacts
- Skill in writing clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar
- Excellent command of the English language and knowledge of bilingual services is desired
- Ability to operate a computer and use appropriate software applications and peripheral office equipment
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.