Austin - Texas (TX), 78745
Facility Solutions Group
Estimated salary $17 an hour
Facility Solutions Group is dedicated to timeless contribution and service in lighting, electrical, energy, and technology fields. Our mission is to consistently provide our customers with superior value through quality products, service and support by contributing to the quality of life of all employees.
As one of the nation’s largest single-source providers of lighting and electrical products, electrical services, electrical construction, energy management, and telecom solutions is expanding their staff and seeking an Aerial Lineman to join the FSG Telecom team.
An Aerial Lineman shall access specific areas to install, maintain, and/or repair a customer's telecommunications equipment. At a minimum, the position requires a good working knowledge of telecommunications construction; familiarity with aerial lift devices, utility lines and poles, and the functionality of each; ability to use cable placement equipment and tools; ability to identify and troubleshoot problems.
An Aerial Lineman should be able to do the following:
- Work safely, with or without supervision
- Fully understand and operate equipment, including, but not limited to an aerial lift device, lasher, and hand tools.
- Perform work in accordance with industry standards. Read and follow design engineers' instructions and specifications, maintain the scope of work on the project and adhere to safety procedures.
- Prepare engineering field notes. Interpret buried and aerial telecom facilities in records, maps and in the field with clarity and detail.
- Lift and manipulate lasher and other cable placement equipment.
- Follow instructions and communicate verbally and in writing
- Effectively communicate of problems or concerns to the Foreman, Project Supervisor or Safety Manager.
- Complete low level and high-level labor-intensive tasks,
The ideal candidate will satisfy the following requirements and qualifications:
- High school diploma/GED or vocational training
- Two years of related work experience
- Must hold a valid Driver's License and capable of acquiring DOT Card and/or a CDL.
- Must be able to pass a drug and background screen.
- Must be willing to work some nights/weekends as required to maintain a construction schedule.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, Revit, & Adobe Photoshop Software preferred
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of this position which include but not limited to: stand, walk, jog, climb, kneel, squat, bend at the waist, grasp and hold various tools and objects with both hands, perform tasks requiring manual dexterity for an extended period of time.
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong financial management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Top of industry wages
- Stable employment
- 401K Program with matching contributions
- Medical, Dental and Life benefits
- Paid time off
- Advancement opportunities for outstanding performers!
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.