Houston - Texas (TX),
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy’s utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed’s annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
- Metropolitan Detroit’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women’s Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
- Computerworld’s 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
LOCATION: HOUSTON, TX
Responsible for providing general project support under the direction of more experienced project management professionals. Help produce spend proposals, plans and reports. Organize and maintain project files and databases. Assist with monitoring the project budget, scheduling meetings and preparing presentations. Work with clients and customers to solve daily business problems. Perform a tactical function and often are the first point of contact for project communication.
1. Process project spend requests and submit requests to Supply Chain for Purchase Order generation.
2. Track and maintain change notices and change orders in the database.
3. Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained.
4. Receipt goods and services upon delivery.
5. Process project invoices.
6. Update and maintain project files to include project setup forms, billing requests, customer invoices and other relevant documentation.
7. Maintain all departmental metric tracking for project requests as directed.
8. Takes meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs basic follow-up.
9. Utilize experience in word processing and spreadsheet software.
10. Works as a team member and utilizes team building skills on multiple teams. Supports multiple internal clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High School Diploma and a minimum of one year related experience, including creating and maintaining electronic spreadsheets, processing invoices, preparing reports and other associated business support work.
OR a Bachelor's degree in a related field with coursework in finance, accounting, or a similarly related analytical concentration.
- Must have proficiency with database and spreadsheet software.
- Multi-task oriented. Ability to be flexible and work under changing priorities.
- Experience using various operating system tools.
- Experience with SAP/SRM and/or OGsys/DocVue a plus.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.