Offsite Adoptions Coordinator
Houston - Texas (TX), 77024
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Maintain positive, professional relations with various adoption partners. Actively recruit new adoption partners to increase adoption capacity.
- Organize and take lead in overseeing off-site adoptions.
- Proactively work to expand existing programs and seek new opportunities for off-site adoptions.
- Primary responsibility for operation and upkeep (cleaning, fueling and submission of maintenance requests) of mobile adoption vehicle for adoption events.
- Serve in a leadership capacity when opening and closing the campus as assigned.
- Supervise staff members and volunteers participating in off-site adoption events
- Provide information to the public about Houston SPCA programs and promoting good animal care and responsible pet ownership.
- Advise potential adopters of Houston SPCA adoption benefits, policies and procedures.
- Protect all confidential information, including customers, donors, animals and internal communications.
- Represent the Houston SPCA by providing excellent customer service and focus.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, skill and abilities needed to perform the essential functions of this position:
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of two years of
related working experience. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Valid Texas Driver’s License (CDL not required) and insurable under the Houston SPCA auto policy.
Follow the mission of the Houston SPCA.
Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships within the Houston SPCA, with volunteers and the public and be a team player.
Thorough knowledge of the Houston SPCA adoption policies and procedures, as well as knowledge of Houston SPCA partners and products/services they offer.
Knowledge and application of operational policies and protocols, such as, but not limited to admitting, cleaning and medical protocols.
Working knowledge of breeds, diseases, medical conditions, and animal handling and behavior.
Ability to handle animals safely, with patience and gentleness.
Represent the Houston SPCA in a professional manner in all situations with the public, volunteers and staff.
Demonstrate patience, courtesy and work well under stressful conditions.
Knowledge and ability to accurately work with detailed information in paper and electronic form.
Ability to read, write and communicate effectively with diverse audiences.
Ability to learn and quickly adapt to changes in programs and procedures.
Ability to work unscheduled hours.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.