Front Office Specialist Urgent Care - Memorial
Houston - Texas (TX),
Texas Children's Hospital
We are searching for an Urgent Care Front Office Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you'll coordinate and perform the scheduling of patients, receive and greet visitors, answer and handle incoming calls, and coordinating the referral process. You will also be responsible for entering accurate billing information into the system and transmitting accurate claims will be a primary responsibility in this role.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Service with a HEART philosophy
- Assists the patient, when requested, in the completion of forms or other requested documents
- Scans encounter sheet and all other relevant patient information into the patient encounter in EPIC with 100% accuracy and within timelines established by the practice
- Verifies accurate patient demographic information with each visit and enters into medical record and billing system per practice protocol
- Collects payments due in the form of cash, checks, and credit cards per policy and procedure
- Provides operational support while maintaining the integrity of medical recording
Skills & Requirements
- High School diploma or GED
- 1 year of related experience
- Bilngual preferred (fluent in English/Spanish)
To join our community of 14,000+ dedicated team members, visit texaschildrenspeople.org for career opportunities. You can also learn more about our amazing culture at infinitepassion.org.