Dog Trainer Apprentice
Burlington - Vermont (VT),
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What you'll do:
Provide pet parents with exceptional dog training instruction and customer service by acting as a subject matter expert for Petco’s Positive Dog Training Program products, services and in-store promotions, to our canine pet friends and their pet parents, helping them strengthen their bond through fun and educational training. A Dog Training Apprentice will be a resource in the store regarding Petco’s Positive Dog Training Program and assist in the achievement of the store’s budgeted sales goals by driving sales, while educating and engaging all store partners.
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Upon hiring, must successfully complete (within established timeline) Petco’s Dog Training Instructor Program course and associated Petco onboarding.
- Must confidently perform all tasks & duties as outlined in Petco’s Dog Training Instructor Program upon completion.
- Complete and maintain other MyLearningCenter courses as assigned.
- Existing Petco partners must successfully complete (within established timeline) Dog Training Instructor Program course.
- Must adhere to DTIP training schedule as set forth by Dog Training Mentor.
- Reports to an established Petco Positive Dog Trainer Mentor for all instructional curriculum.
- Learn and apply the positive training philosophies of the Petco Positive Dog Training Program.
- Through observing and role playing, employ ascertained Dog Training customer engagement and enrollment skills leading to class enrollment.
- Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings and can command attention, establish clear directions and create a climate that motivates others.
- Must ensure a safe dog training environment for pet parents, customers, dogs and Petco partners.
- Commit to enhancing communication and teamwork between dog and pet parent by offering positive solutions and rewarding success.
- Interact professionally and effectively with all pet parents and store partners regarding Dog Training or other pet services.
- Be a Dog Training related resource in store to support consistent achievement of targeted goals and exhibit the ability to enlist the aid and support to accomplish common tasks.
- Learn how to
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require that an associate leave the store briefly. Position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and standing for long periods of time. The large majority of this associate’s time will be spent in direct contact with our customers and their dogs. During Dog Training Instructor Program travel to mentor store may be required.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.