Administrative Tech- 2020-21 School Year
Charlottesville - Virginia (VA), 22903
Charlottesville City Schools
Estimated salary $12.26 - $23.00 an hour
Job Title: Administrative Technician
Location: Venable Elementary
Reports to: Assigned Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Administrative Technician is responsible for providing a wide variety of highly confidential and complex administrative and secretarial duties for assigned Administrator. The Technician also plans, organizes, and oversees the operations and functions of the assigned office and provides information and assistance to students, faculty, staff, and/or the general public.
- Attend meetings (e.g. trainings, in-service activities, workshops, conferences, classes, etc.) to increase professional knowledge, convey and/or gather information required to perform functions
- Compile data from a wide variety of sources to comply with financial, legal and/or administrative requirements of assigned area
- Coordinate a variety of programs and/or activities (e.g. communications, appointments, meetings, conferences, workshops, travel and accommodations, work activities, etc.) to ensure availability of facilities and/or equipment and deliver services in conformance with established guidelines
- Inform personnel regarding a variety of procedures and program requirements provide necessary information (for making decision, taking appropriate action and/or complying with financial, legal and administrative requirements
- Maintain a wide variety of manual and electronic documents, files and records (confidential and non-confidential) (e.g. calendars, administrative and financial records, program records, resource materials, reports, budget data, etc.) to provide up-to-date reference and audit trail
- Maintain inventories of supplies and materials to ensure the availability of items as needed
- Monitor assigned activities and/or programs (e.g. budgets, office activities, inventory, expenses, etc.) to ensure compliance with administrative, financial and legal requirements
- Order equipment, supplies and materials to ensure the availability of required items
- Perform record keeping and clerical functions (e.g. scheduling, copying, presentation materials, filing, compiling lists, etc.) to support assigned administrator and/or department
- Prepare written materials (e.g. reports, forms, budgets, requisitions, brochures, minutes, etc.) to document activities, provide written support and/or convey information
- Respond to inquiries from a wide variety of internal and external parties (e.g. division staff, other school systems, state and federal agencies, general public, students, etc.) to provide information, facilitate communication among parties and/or provide direction
- Screen inquiries of staff, students, parents, the public, etc. (e.g.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Ability to perform single, technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills; operation of standard office equipment including utilizing pertinent software applications; preparation and maintenance of accurate records; planning and managing projects; perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents and/or facilitate group discussions; analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions; satisfactorily perform functions such as operations, services and activities of the Division principles and practices of modern office management, business telephone etiquette, concepts of grammar and punctuation and any required accounting/bookkeeping skills; ability to schedule a number of activities, meetings, and/or events; gather, collate and/or classify data; flexibility to work with a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with data of varied types and/or purposes; problem solving to analyze issues and create action plans; independent interpretation of guidelines; adaptation to changing work priorities; communication with diverse groups, maintenance of confidentiality; meet deadlines and schedules; priority setting, participate as a team member; work with frequent interruptions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and job-related experience with increasing responsibility are required. Bilingual in English and either Spanish, French, Arabic, Farsi or Arabic preferred.
Physical Conditions and Nature of Work:
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions, require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling; and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally, the job requires 75% sitting, 10% walking, and 15% standing. The job is performed in a generally, clean and healthy environment.
The Administrative Technician is evaluated by the assigned administrator.
12 months/260 unless specified for a different length and will be discussed during the hiring process.
May 1, 2020