Catastrophe , Virtual Inside Property Claims Adjuster
Chesapeake - Virginia (VA),
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Estimated salary $54,100 - $74,400 a year
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a “Great Place to Work” by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduates—as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Inside Property Claims Catastrophic team is responsible for claim activities which support the US Global Retail Markets Property Claims Organization. Responsibilities include investigation, analysis and other claims handling duties for low severity property loss claims within assigned authority limits and consistent with policy and legal requirements. Ensures the delivery of quality service to customers.
This is a remote desk position and not a field adjusting position.
Candidate is expected to live within a 60 mile radius of the posted location. Occasional travel can be expected for occasional collaborative meetings.
In this role, you will:
- Investigates claim damages and situation using internal and external resources. Investigation steps include speaking with the insured or other involved parties such as contractors, requesting and receiving a field investigation report,
This role might be for you, if you have:
- Successful completion of formal claims training program or 1-2 years of proficient and directly related experience required
- Required to be licensed per state regulations
- Relevant continuing education courses and industry certifications preferred (e.g., AEI, IIA, CPCU)
- Knowledge of claims investigation techniques and legal aspects of claims
High School Diploma/GED