Digital Media Coordinator
Chesterfield - Virginia (VA),
Chesterfield County, VA
$43,218 - $66,397 a year
Who We Are:
The Chesterfield County Department of Communications and Media is entrusted with providing reliable, accurate and helpful information that is important to the community. As the professional voice sharing vital news and happenings from all departments of county government to keep the public informed, our strategic team effectively, responsibly and consistently delivers timely, trusted facts about the quality of life in Chesterfield. Essentially, we tell the county's story.
What You Do and How You Do it:
You will be responsible for overseeing the county's main social media accounts determining and implementing strategies to expand and leverage the county's social media and electronic presence to drive engagement and increase subscriptions to our e-newsletters. You will develop relationships across the organization to identify stories and deliver relevant, innovative and consistent messaging through a wide variety of channels including social media, e-newsletters and the website. Working in collaboration with the digital and media relations and creative content teams, you will lead a coordinated approach to create, develop, manage and administer high-quality social media content daily as well as monitor and analyze the impact of social media campaigns. To succeed in this role, you must live and breathe social media, stay current on the newest tools of the trade, while adapting and implementing industry-best practices. You will build social media plans for priority events to ensure we're engaging and developing innovative strategies to help increase and sustain these interactions. You will assist with developing organic and paid digital advertising campaigns on a variety of topics by determining the best tools to use and tracking the results. Perform other work as required.
Here's What You Need:
A bachelor's degree in mass communication, marketing, digital media, social media, journalism or related field; three years of social media experience writing, creating, managing and posting content for an organization; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience developing and implementing social media campaigns is required. Knowledge of meta-tags and experience with a variety of social media platforms is required. Social media certifications are preferred. A good driving record is required and must not reflect a total of six or more demerit points within the twenty-four months preceding the anticipated hire date, or one major violation of six demerit points within the preceding thirty-six months. Pre-employment drug testing, FBI criminal background check and education/degree verification required. To join our collaborative environment, you are also required to have:
- Considerable experience and knowledge of digital/social media platforms, specifically but not limited to: YouTube, Facebook, Hootsuite, Twitter, Instagram and Nextdoor
- Strong creative, analytical and reporting skills and experience analyzing and preparing reports that track key indicators such as, but not limited to audience growth, content reach, and engagement
- Strong attention to detail in producing deliverables while understanding big picture objectives and strategy
- Social listening and web analytics knowledge, including experience in reporting and measuring campaign performance and analyzing metrics to support the overall social strategy
- The ability to manage and prioritize numerous tasks with quick attention to the most important, and; resourcefulness of problem solving and being able to adapt and reprioritize as workloads change
- Experience using Facebook Live and shooting videos for Instagram
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills
- A passion for the power of content social media marketing, with an eye towards innovation and continuous improvement
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Photography skills
- Current knowledge of social media marketing best practices
Other Qualifications Preferred:
- Google Adwords certification
- Hootsuite Platform certification
- Hootsuite Social and Return On Investment (ROI) certification
- Facebook Certified Digital Marketing Associate
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO)
- Knowledge and experience conducting social media contests and events to drive engagement
We'll be honest: this is a great position and you will become part of a dynamic and innovative team. Be aware, though, that the environment is extremely fast-paced with short-turnaround times and priorities that change daily. You will need to adjust and adapt to these changing priorities quickly. There will be community meetings, board meetings and planning commission meetings, after normal business hours, that you may need to periodically attend with no additional compensation, except for weekends, for which you will earn compensatory time. Also, you will be compensated for your mileage at the federal reimbursement rate. This isn't a telework position and there is no mobile phone allowance.
This position will be hard work, but it will be incredibly rewarding. This salaried, mid-level position is new to our team and will play a major role in leading the county's social media strategy and expanding its digital presence. It's a great opportunity for someone to create and build something new and develop innovative social media strategies that help drive Chesterfield's community engagement efforts. You will be part of a team that is forging a new communications path for an organization to become more strategic in how it communicates.
Click the "apply" link above to complete and submit an application online by December 22, 2019.
Monday - Friday; 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Communications and Media