Fredericksburg - Virginia (VA), 22401
Fredericksburg United Methodist Church
Estimated salary $25,000 a year
FREDERICKSBURG UNITED METHODIST CHURCH OFFICE MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Office Manager is responsible for the management of the church office, serving as the hub of communication for all church and non-church organizations using the church facility. Works under the direction of the Pastors.
- Be available for questions, concerns, suggestions, or complaints arising from the congregation or non-church organizations using the facilities.
- Maintain an accurate calendar of events for both church and non-church use of the building, bus and van, including time, rooms and use of equipment. Providing conflict management when schedules collide. Keeping current information on nonmember organizations using the building.
- Work with Facility Manager on all scheduling and facility activity.
- Provide coordination and guidance on special events, suggesting times, location, equipment use and special paper needs. Maintain sign-up list and provide further information on any special project, church activity or work area.
- Receive and track weekly worship attendance, professions of faith, small group participation, missional participation and financial giving and enter information into Vital Congregations website.
- Distribute and retrieve reports from all church committees, pastors, lay speakers and Lay leaders; enter them into EVC for Annual Charge Conference and Conference Annual Reporting. Compile retrieved information into final report as designed by the Virginia Conference. Submit report to District office.
- Coordinate use of office machinery with church staff members, preschool teachers, Sunday school leaders, and musicians. Have church secretary schedule volunteer assistance for printing, folding and assembly of the monthly church newsletter and special mailings.
- Distribute incoming mail, including UPS and FED EX deliveries daily; keep mail room presentable; maintain postage meter processing meter updates and requesting funds through the Financial Administrator as needed.
- Schedule wedding dates, baptisms and funerals, coordinating the information with the church staff and church work areas.
- Team with church newsletter publisher in obtaining information by deadline. Gather information and type weekly announcements, type and print. Church secretary will schedule volunteers to assemble.
- Type and print any of the special bulletins and certificates for, funerals,
- Maintain information on the church website and social media.
- Responsible for weekly information on TV monitors by using PowerPoint and Canva to create slides.
- Responsible for acquisition of office supplies and paper. Assist work area chairpersons (Worship, Alter Guild, etc.) with supply needs. Maintain catalogs for purchase of items.
- Provide minimal maintenance on printing equipment, computers and network, arranging for service and repairs as needed.
- Provide annual office supplies and communications budget requirements to the Financial Administrator.
- Fill out, approve and submit Check Requests to Financial Administrator for supply invoices.
- Maintain a current list of all eligible drivers for church vehicles. Responsible for obtaining completed driver information form for each individual driver and notifying FUMC insurance company with any additions or deletions.
- Handle correspondence, typing, and filing for the Administrative Office and Senior Pastor.
- Print and have receptionist separate blank name tag labels for weekly worship.
- Take minutes at the weekly staff meeting, type them and send them out to the staff after the pastor approves them.
- Supervise the Church secretary and back her up when she is out of the office.
- Create, coordinate and disseminate communications for events held at the church.
- Utilize Constant Contact, Proclaim Ekklesia, and other software packages to communicate with congregation and community.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $25,000.00 /year
- office management: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- One location
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift