Medical Receptionist and patient care representative
Glen Allen - Virginia (VA), 23059
Estimated salary $13 - $16 an hour
Facilitates the exchange of information between physicians, other health care providers, nursing staff, and others. Duties include answering the telephone, taking accurate messages, and scheduling appointments. Greets patients and obtains pertinent personal and insurance information. Enters and updates personal or insurance information in the automated data system.
- Greets and registers patients in a prompt, courteous, helpful manner. Verifies necessary information and records in the patients account.
- Obtains most up to date insurance coverage.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information as needed.
- Schedules various patient appointments.
- Verify appointments for next day for physical and 30 minute appointments.
- Reschedules or cancels appointments as necessary.
- Collects co-payments due from patient and generates receipt for any monies collected.
- Maintain neat, organized work area. Keeps waiting room area neat
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Screens visitors and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of Medical Office procedures. Skill in operating a computer, sending and receiving electronic faxes. Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public.
EDUCATION: High school graduation or GED
- 1-2 years prior work experience required, preferably attained in a physician office
- Strong interpersonal organizational and communication skills required.
- Light typing skills (45 wpm) and computer skills.
- Some familiarity with medical terminology desired.
- Experience with electronic medical records (EMR) desired.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.00 to $16.00 /hour
- One location
- Monday to Friday