Data Entry Associate
Harrisonburg - Virginia (VA),
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Non-Essential Functions are preceded by an *)
- Maintain purchasing information using the computer and paper files
- Key daily production levels for reporting and historical purposes
- Update and keep an accurate product inventory list
- Process orders and invoices using Sage 100 system
- Key data for other reports as requested
- Post daily production requirements and makes modifications as needed
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Packaging Manager, including packaging and shipping products
- Communicates effectively, thoroughly, and courteously with internal and external customers
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One-year data entry experience
- Familiarity with MAS 90 helpful
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word or similar software preferred
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Associate degree in business or related field
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
- knowledge of correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Dedication to the
- This position requires the employee to utilize routine office equipment such as a computer, copier, fax, and telephone continuously through each workday.
- The job is performed primarily in an office environment where there is no hazardous equipment or material involved.
- Care needs to be taken when working in the Packaging department for wet floors or fallen products or materials.
- Remain seated for long periods in front of a computer keying data.
- Required to lift objects weighing approximately 10 to 20 pounds occasionally.
- This job is performed in an environmentally-controlled office adjacent to the Packaging department. The Packaging department is maintained at colder than average temperatures.
- A strong smell of herbs present in the processing facility.
- Good organizational skills
- Other duties as assigned
SGI utilizes E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status. Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. In the event you require reasonable accommodation to apply for this job, please contact our company and appropriate assistance will be provided.