ILS Sonar Deputy (507862)
Manassas - Virginia (VA), 20110
Progeny Systems Corporation is looking for a highly motivated, mid/senior level Integrated Logistic Support engineer (5-15 years) to support development and delivery of ILS products for the US Navy. Must possess excellent verbal and written communications, and be a fast learner. The ideal candidate will have a background that includes development of test procedures, training, and technical manuals.
Applicant should have (4) years full-time experience in submarine fleet logistic support including experience in the fleet introduction, installation, test, operation, and life cycle support of the AN/BQQ-10 Series or AN/BYG-1 combat systems or a computerized and computer-controlled combat system which closely resembles aforementioned systems in complexity, operation, maintenance approach and installation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide input and comments during reviews of draft and preliminary MIP/MRCs as needed.
- Validate test procedures during testing events on hull as well as in the lab, often requiring shift work to complete.
- Develop operations and maintenance procedures for incorporation into technical manuals using engineering source documents.
- Develop provisioning technical data packages for AN/BYG-1 and AN/BQQ-10.
- Develop training using MS Office products to support operations and maintenance training.
- Use sound configuration management principles to ensure document configuration management is maintained.
- Applicant must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Job entails some travel to support Navy customers, which will be performed onboard naval vessels in port and at sea.
- Develops technical manuals to support O-Level operations and maintenance.
- Develops schedules using tools like MS Project and staffs as appropriate to manage work.
- Provides Navy Customers, as well as internal business managers, status on projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix a plus.
- Familiarity with AN/BYG-1 and AN/BQQ-10.
- Must have strong organizational and analytical skills as well as practical problem-solving and decision making-skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be able to manage multiple projects and issues simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Operation in an Information Technology Customer support capacity.
- Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical certifications are a plus (NET+, SECURITY+, A+, CCNA, CISSP)
For all candidates: Navy experience a plus.
This position may require the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at [email protected] or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
As a small business, Progeny Systems is a participant in the Small Business Innovative Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Progeny Systems has a proven track record of transitioning numerous SBIR contract awards into full-scale production, and has also successfully competed with large defense corporations. Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)