Assistant Executive Director (2019-1)
Norfolk - Virginia (VA), 23510
Harbor’s Edge is recruiting for a seasoned Assistant Executive Director (AED) to help lead the facility into the future. The AED will oversee all Health Services and Operations Support departments. The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of progressive leadership experience in a senior living/CCRC environment, a bachelor’s degree or higher in Health or Business Administration, clinical background and/or a Nursing Home Administrator’s license.
The AED will ensure compliance with current federal, state, and local regulations and standards, establish and implement policies and procedures, develop staffing plans, reports and budgets, coordinate with other departments, and ensure quality resident services.
This is an incredible opportunity to work with top industry professionals to expand the Mid-Atlantic’s most luxurious community.
Will oversee all Health Services and Operations Support departments.
- Bachelors Degree required (Health or Business Administration preferred).
- Prefer Licensed Long-Term Care Administrator or medical background (e.g. Registered Nurse). In the absence of an Administrator’s license, the candidate would need in-depth knowledge/experience similar to that of an Assistant Executive Director in a CCRC.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible management experience in the long-term care / senior living industry.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication, analytical, supervisory/management and presentation skills. Expected to operate effectively under pressure of deadlines and other stressors. Must supervise diverse skill set and oversee both highly regulated and resident services (hospitality) areas. Ability to interact with Residents and Families in life and death situations with compassion.
- Knowledge of medical/nursing practices and procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines pertaining to long-term care. Understanding of Medicare and resident billing/insurance requirements. Ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, interpret, and manage programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and resources necessary to provide quality of care.
- Competitive Compensation
- Eligible Full-time Employees: Medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance - (available on first of month following 30 days); PTO; Paid Holidays
- Matched 403(b) Retirement Savings