Resettlement Case Worker - Richmond
Richmond - Virginia (VA),
Commonwealth Catholic Charities
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for service delivery and direct case management of assigned refugee clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in providing reception services to newly arriving refugees, including placing household supplies and adequate food in home, meeting new arrivals at the airport, providing orientation on housing and personal safety upon arrival at refugee’s home.
- Interviews clients and assesses their needs.
- Develops a resettlement plan with services appropriate to the needs of the refugees and that contribute to the early employment and self-sufficiency of the participating refugees.
- Ensures that services are provided in a planned, effective, and timely manner to eligible clients.
- Maintains client case files, written and electronic, including pre-arrival information, refugee documentation, and delivery of services according to program guidelines.
- Documents contact and services provided to clients based upon the needs and goals identified in the resettlement plan and monitors progress and outcomes.
- Assists in getting client signatures and dates on appropriate forms and receipts.
- Ensures provision of interpretation and instructs clients
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or equivalent required with three years of related experience. Must be able to reliably transport clients as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment is favorable.
Job Type: Full-time