Stuarts Draft - Virginia (VA), 24477
The Hershey Company
Job Location: Stuarts Draft, VA
The Hershey Company Stuarts Draft plant is a Non-Union plant producing products such as Reese’s Pieces, Reese Cups, Reese Shapes, Mounds, Almond Joy, NutRageous, Oh Henry, FastBreak, Whatchamacallit, Cookie Layer Crunch, Baking Chips, etc. in a high-speed complex environment.
The Process Lead will help drive the Hershey Lean program at the Plant by developing and implementing process improvements and building operator capabilities in a TPM environment. This leader will own engineering, process, and system improvements that are integral to driving down losses and improving line efficiency. A core function of the role will be developing standards for executing tasks on the line (e.g. changeovers) and training operators and mechanics to execute standards properly.
The Process Lead will play a key role in developing and managing equipment centerlines as well as structuring daily problem solving on the line to develop action plans. He / she will own tracking and maintain the loss data on the line to ensure top losses are being addressed. In addition, the role involves guiding the line team on the creation / revision of visual management systems on the line to be used as part of Daily Direction Setting. The Process Lead is a member of the line leadership team structure and works in tight collaboration across the business unit team.
- Coach operators/mechanics on executing standards
- Develop standards for executing tasks on the line
- Develop and manage equipment centerlines
- Drive daily problem solving and data driven planning
- Driving process efficiency on multiple production lines
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Strong leadership skills
- Understanding of packaging and processing equipment operations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Able to develop action plan based on problems identified on the floor
- Works independently and takes ownership of driving improvements
- Understanding of LEAN Six Sigma concepts
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Experienced in data collection and analysis
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 to 3 Years’ experience in an automated manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and TPM is preferred.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans