Suffolk - Virginia (VA),
The Children’s Center
$12.15 an hour
The Children's Center, a non-profit agency, is dedicated to making a positive difference in the lives of young children, one family at a time. Our mission is to nurture and educate children and their families. We provide opportunities for education, parenting support and resources to families in our communities.
The Children's Center Head Start/Early Head Start is a federally funded program that provides no cost services to qualifying families who reside in the community. Comprehensive services are provided to pregnant women and their partners and children from birth to 5. Child development, health and family services are provided through a variety of program options designed to meet the needs of low-income and at risk families.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support of assigned agency operations.
- Provides customer services; answers telephone and greet visitors; provides information and assistance; refers to appropriate personnel; takes messages and makes appointments.
- Assists parents with the application and registration process.
Maintains student records and charts.
Prepares packets for Early Childhood Education.
Receives payments and fees.
Orders site supplies; distributes vehicle keys and maintains related logs.
Distribute purchase cards and maintains related records; balances petty cash.
Assists in classrooms as needed.
Assists in preparing for special events.
Coordinates meeting room reservations.
- Assure confidentiality of children, families, and co-workers
- Maintain a safe, healthy, clean and orderly work environment
- Greet and assist visitors
- Maintain and direct incoming telephone calls
- Request medical and physical copies of records from physicians
- Maintain monies for lunches, copies and stamps
- Maintain all correspondence logs, purging and filing as needed
- Maintain reservations for meeting rooms
- Coordinate facility and refreshments for scheduled meetings
- Performs other related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
Proficient in MS Office products: Outlook, Excel and Word
Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
Knowledge of agency and departmental policies and procedures.
Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
Skill in the provision of customer services.
Skill in the maintenance of files and records.
Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
Skill in oral and written communication.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid.
- Must have access to a car and hold a valid Virginia Drivers License.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must demonstrate familiarity with ethnic background of clients and be able to serve and effectively communicate with children, families, co-workers, and the public.
- Must demonstrate maturity and high level of energy.
- Must be able to communicate through company email using Outlook.
- Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.