Vienna - Virginia (VA),
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
HDR’s Advanced Technologies for Surface Transportation group (ATST) is seeking a Tolling Analyst to join our growing team. The primary responsibilities are to support clients in toll planning, policy, analysis, operations, and change management. Candidates are expected to be able to deliver both quantitative analysis as well as qualitative work products such as reports and memos. Successful candidates will have a degree in civil engineering, transportation planning, economics, finance, systems engineering, business or similar related degrees. Relevant experience in consulting, transportation or with public agencies is preferred.
In addition, the successful candidate will also assist in business development and growing HDR’s tolling business, and support project managers in delivering tasks including the development of scopes, schedules, and budgets for projects.
Vienna, VA is the preferred office for this role but a qualified candidate could be located in any HDR office in the US.
Other responsibilities include:
- Develop, research, and communicate toll policies and implementation strategies
- Perform data analysis and build Microsoft Excel based models to support decision making.
- Support clients in toll program planning, development, design, operations and change management
- Develop cost estimates and schedules for clients
- Develop reports based on data from tolling systems
- Monitor system and vendor key performance indicators and metrics
- Analyze business process, and recommend and implement changes to improve efficiency or accuracy
- Develop and manage scopes of work, cost estimates, procurement documents, contract documents, and provide oversight of project tasks, deliverables, and sub-contracts
- Support clients with procurement processes and/or general program management contracts for toll related work elements including design reviews, operations, project production and delivery
- Prepare and/or perform technical review of toll systems planning studies, engineering analyses, concepts of operations, and implementation plans;
- Design and development of tolling concepts and policies including system requirement analysis and back-office communications and operating systems
- Develop and/or review system requirements, designs, and testing procedures
- Establish client
- Learn and follow HDR processes for project management and quality assurance/quality control
- Implement quality assurance/quality control procedures and execute technical training for junior staff
- Perform other duties as needed
Keywords: Toll, Tolling, Policy, Back Office, Systems, Data Analyst, Database, SQL, Report, Operations, Change Management, Business Process, Systems
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, transportation planning, economics, finance, systems engineering, business or similar related degrees.
- Knowledge of the U.S. tolling industry, federal requirements, and operating policies preferred
- 5+ years experience in the tolling or highway industry
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, exceptional writing and communications skills.
- Must thrive in a collaborative environment, take ownership of tasks, be detailed oriented, have a positive attitude and commitment to being an active participant in our employee-owned culture.
- Other desired, but not required, qualifications include knowledge in macro development, SQL, and developing reports and dashboards in Tableau and Power BI.
- Preference for related experience in consulting and transportation, or with public agencies.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.