Patient Service Representative- Full Time
Virginia - Virginia (VA),
Overview of Position
The Patient Services Representative will be the initial point of contact guiding patients through activities such as confirming medical history or insurance verification, as well as providing physician referrals. Whether it be in a remote role or in our contact center when it is safe to be onsite again, the Patient Services Representatives will be responsible for handling inbound calls and providing a great customer service experience.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Obtains current patient information for established and new patients
- Accurately enters/updates patient information in scheduling system
- Identifies payer source and verifies insurance eligibility
- Reviews scheduling system for needed updated demographics and consent forms
- Provide messages or transfer the call to physicians and nurses
- Protects/observes patient confidentiality per policies and procedure.
- Accurately imports registration documents into patients' electronic health record
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 year of experience, ideally in a contact center
- Computer literate, knowledge of MS Office
- High speed DSL, fiber, or cable internet service is required for our remote workforce
- Minimum internet connection download speed of 5 mbps and upload speeds of at least 2 mbps; wired connection is strongly preferred.
- Candidates will be required to complete an internet bandwidth assessment to confirm compliance
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Contact center experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) helpful
- Medical/dental office or medical scheduling knowledge
- Detail-oriented personality
- Good communication skills with the ability to provide great customer
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Extensive use of the phone/computer
Join our team today where we are creating a better coordinated, increasingly collaborative, and more efficient healthcare system!
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.